1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
– seen cherry blossom in person for the first time (yes, sua ku, whatever)
– attempted flower arrangement (i’m not that domesticated la)
– drank a bottle of whiskey within a few days (for a nagging cough, really)
– hiked half of a 14km trail in the rain
– sponsored to go for a conference (ISPD-APCM) overseas (taipei). much thanks, Baxter!…
-… where i did my first ever poster presentation! (proud of self *pats back* thanks to dr y for the push & guidance)
– went back to studies after 12 years of brain atrophy… with a gem from God.
– applied for funding for a research project, did an oral presentation (trembling nonetheless) in defense of it, and got it funded! again, thanks to dr y for the guidance, and a great team of seniors supporting it. a special shout out to sook wern who accompanied me through the late nights and offered moral support.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
kota kinabalu & penang of malaysia (technically, it’s a country, since i’m travelling from singapore. oh, and johor too!), beijing-china and taipei-taiwan.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
closer relationship with God
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
survived first semester of studies, seeing sook wern walked down the aisle… to receive Jesus into her heart
9. What was your biggest failure?
no failures, only lessons learnt
10. What was the best thing you bought?
a stethoscope, in fuschia!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
sook wern & mum
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
lazy people aka free riders, who expect you to do all the work while they ride on your effort, while making unending excuses for their laziness…
13. Where did most of your money go?
bank account (phew)
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
70% sales at marks & spencer… (ya, i know…)
15. What song will always remind you of 2013?
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier, thinner, richer
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
building relationships, attend a cell group
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
19. How did you spend Christmas?
20. Did you fall in love in 2013?
not for the past 7 years no
21. What was your favorite TV program?
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
23. What was the best book you read?
handbook of dialysis none
24. What did you want and get?
an opportunity to study again
25. What did you want and not get?
body of a supermodel an apartment…
26. What was your favorite film this year?
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
can’t remember at all! *denial mode on*
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
leh leh feh feh
30. What kept you sane?
God, mum, friends
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32. Who did you miss?
margaret, julia, sharon
33. Who was the best new person you met?
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
worrying magnifies my problems, prayer & praise magnifies my Problem Solver