making a choice, with God’s help, never to let my past be a set back for what is ahead
learnt to make sushi
walked the streets of hong kong… alone… past midnight
facing the truth about myself
white water rafting
visiting a us navy ship
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
did not make any new year’s resolutions for 2008 but plans to make some for 2009… we’ll see.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no one comes to mind
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
beijing, china… love it!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
greater love for self & others
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
4th august 2008 – start of a new career, teaching
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
having three of my nursing students worshipping God together with me, and one of them receiving Jesus into her heart. praise God.
no failures, only lessons learnt
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a pair of comfortable aldo shoes on sale… yes, i’m vain like that
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
aunty vui tze – for her longsuffering love
cynlee – for being a friend
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
public holidays… hahahaha… i sound so… sad
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“amazing grace (my chains are gone)”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier, maybe thinner, slightly richer… not because i’m earning more but rather, because i’m spending less on unnecessary “wants”
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
spending my free time wisely
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
church, family, friends
christmas song presentation by kiddie club
daniella playing the violin for kiddie club
finally, had supper with julia. or rather, she had supper as i was too full after the buffet dinner
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
nopes, tiada, meiyou, iso
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
none. hating someone wastes one’s energy.
24. What was the best book you read?
just being inspired by different women e.g. florence nightingale, catherine booth & gladys aylward, who are mentioned in “compassion: a call to take action” by james w. & michal ann goll.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film this year?
bucket list. okay, technically, it’s a year 2007 movie. but i only got to watch it in year 2008. very meaningful movie about our priorities in life. it’s not about climbing the highest mountain nor travelling to an exotic foreign land. but rather, it’s about putting right the wrong relationships in our lives.
29. What did you do on your birthday?
my birthday fell on the 2nd day of chinese new year, i think. i felt rather blessed because my mother made an effort to make me a blueberry cheesecake. and friends blessed me when i least expected it.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
nothing comes to mind.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
fashion? what fashion?
32. What kept you sane?
God, cell group leader & members, friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i’ve got the hots for simpson… homer simpson. sexy!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
now, i’m not going to pretend like i know much about the malaysian political scene. but knowing that the current pm is going to transfer his power soon, i kind of wonder what’s going to happen.
35. Who did you miss?
maya & mel c
36. Who was the best new person you met?
some of my colleagues (cheras & kk)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
letting go is liberating
here’s wishing you a H A P P Y N E W Y E A R 2 0 0 9 !