1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
a) rock climbing
b) staying single for the longest time since i was 16 years old
(ok, my life in year 2009 is boring but i’m not complaining)
i’m sure there were other firsts in 2009 but nothing worth mentioning.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
did not make any new year’s resolutions in 2009. and may not make any in 2010.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no. but a student of mine experienced a second birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no. but *baby megan’s passing away affected me somehow.
* a friend’s 4-month-old daughter
5. What countries did you visit?
indonesia – jakarta, bandung & jogjakarta.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
greater love for others
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
none. told you, my life in year 2009 is boring.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
having taught my students the best that i can and being appreciated in return.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. What was the best thing you bought?
car – out of necessity
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
maya – strength
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
13. Where did most of your money go?
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
erm… cheaper durians? yes, now my life is officially boring.
15. What song will always remind you of 2009?
amazing grace (my chains are broken)
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier, fatter, poorer (refer to Q.13)
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
jogging, diving, photographing
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
snacking on junk food in the middle of the night
19. How did you spend Christmas?
with friends in church
20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
sadly, again, no! oh wait, does falling in love with durian count?
21. What was your favorite TV program?
hardly with time for TV!
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
yes. but i choose to forgive, and still am forgiving… 70×7.
23. What was the best book you read?
captivating by john & stasi eldredge. i’ve read it before a couple of years back. but this time round, my heart was more receptive towards what God has to say through the book.
24. What did you want and get?
25. What did you want and not get?
greater love for God & others
26. What was your favorite film this year?
i won’t say it’s my favourite film but district 9 left an eerily lasting impression.
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
i think it was around chinese new year, so my relatives came over to our place. i was 33.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
greater love for God & others
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
i’m loving my leggings and oversized t-shirts.
30. What kept you sane?
God and close friends.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32. Who did you miss?
ezra, my little nephew & maya
33. Who was the best new person you met?
lim, my colleague
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
when you make a mistake, repent and move on. God and others are bound to forget it, so should you.