1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
a) camping overnight in a tent at an island
b) getting continuing nursing education (cne) points online, on a want-to instead a need-to basis.
c) being 34? does that count?
d) watched 3d movie – despicable me
e) started tweeting… and still figuring it out
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
did not make any new year’s resolutions in 2009 and 2010. maybe i should for 2011.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
mei hsia, whom i know since secondary school, gave birth to jeremiah.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
unfortunately, none. well, we can include singapore, where i stayed for a week during october.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
forgiveness and love
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
6th december 2010 – the day i quit teaching at the college… after serving six, SIX months notice! is it even legal?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
having made an impact in some of my students’ lives. or so i would like to think.
9. What was your biggest failure?
inability to forgive. my head knows the exact right thing to do (so don’t be quoting scriptures at me!) but my heart does not want to let go. but by God’s grace, i’m determined not to bring this over into 2011. it is just not worth it.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
this is going to sound so sad, but it’s an 8g pendrive… for work.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
13. Where did most of your money go?
still going towards paying the loan for the car. one year down, two more to go.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
discounted dimsum at thai thong on wednesdays & saturdays. sales at top shop/forever 21/mng
rummaging through my memories for 2010, i do not think there are any events that make me particularly excited. i am thankful to have spent time with family members and friends.
15. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“sanctuary”, from city harvest church’s “light of the city” album.
i first heard this song when i visited another church in the city. somehow, it touched my heart in a way i cannot fully comprehend. later, when i was listening to songs
which my friend ripped from the album in my car, this song came on and soon, i was hooked. i would like to share the lyrics here with you:
When my world was in darkness
You spoke Your word
Night turned into day
Your beauty filled this place
When my world stood in silence
You filled my heart
With songs that never end
Forever I will praise
To think that the universe
Could not withhold Your glory
You choose to live in me
I’m so amazed
And I worship You Lord
My life in You restored
Here is my heart
Make it Your sanctuary
For nobody else
But Jesus only You
You are faithful and true
All my life
It is You I adore
You’ve touched my soul
Completed my world I surrender to You
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
sadder, fatter, poorer
sadder – because i “lost” a few friends… either they moved to another country, or we just grew apart due to my heavy workload with college, or they have other commitments. i am again reminded that only Jesus remains unchanging – yesterday, today and forever the same.
fatter – i’m the same weight as my mum now. enough said.
poorer – i thank God for good pay raise but most is spent on the car.
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
jog, eat smart, smile, control emotions, spend time with God… but it is not to late to start again.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
19. How did you spend Christmas?
christmas eve was with parents and win g & hubby at all saints’ cathedral midnight worship service. christmas day, i had brunch with parents. later, i spent the evening with birthday Boy.
20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
does falling in love with a block of Hershey’s cookies & cream count?
21. What was your favorite TV program?
america’s next top model… and i watched the series while snacking away.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
did not hate anyone. maybe cheesed off with certain individuals. i shall not elaborate.
23. What was the best book you read?
“taming the tiger” by tony anthony.
i got the book from the sabah state library. you have to read it! how much pain can a person bear? and how Jesus works himself into a person’s hardened heart. the change in his life is dramatic and it has to be only God.
24. What did you want and get?
gosh… i realize i did not want anything in particular. maybe i should have new year’s resolutions.
25. What did you want and not get?
(refer question 24)
26. What was your favorite film this year?
flipped – for the sweet innocence.
alice in wonderland – for offering a sense of wonderment.
the social network – friends or career?
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
i do not remember anything special on my birthday. meals with friends mainly. i was 34… nearing midlife!
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
simple, comfortable, basic.
30. What kept you sane?
God and friends
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
it was homer simpson for the past two years. i think i shall be faithful and stick to him.
32. Who did you miss?
33. Who was the best new person you met?
i don’t think i met anyone new. or rather, i did not make the effort to do so.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
it is not worth sacrificing my time with friends and family, for work.